U-Host online backup:
The U-Host Online Backup server is a small, quiet box that will sit in an off-site location (like someone's home) and backup your office(s) via the internet. Below are some of the features.
Cost for the backup server, with 1TB capacity, is $600 plus installation. With 2TB add $80. Typical installation is about an hour for the server install and about half an hour per remote site.
- It will keep multiple versions of your data, so even if you need a version of a file from months ago, you can retrieve it easily through a simple web interface. Length of archiving is limited only by your hard disk space.
- Your data is off-site, so even if your office burns to the ground, your data is safe.
- It uses mirrored drives to store the data, and thus is fault tolerant.
- It is self monitoring and will e-mail you if any scheduled backups fail.
- One server can backup several remote sites.
- One time cost. No monthly fees! *
- Your data stays in Canada so there's no concerns about data export laws. **
- Your data stays your data. You have sole access to the hardware and software that houses your data, so no one can snoop.
- Data is encrypted as it transfers over the Internet
- As your backup grows your costs stay the same. ***
- Monitoring plans available.
* Unless you subscribe to an optional monitoring plan.
** Provided you locate the server in Canada.
*** Unless you exceed the capacity of the drives. Unlikely if you choose drives that are sufficiently larger than your current data set.
Contact us today!